Serving as Beaumont’s Mayor in 2017 has been a great honor and brought with it a responsibility that I will never forget. 2015 was a year of discovery for Beaumont, 2016 was a year of accountability and 2017 has become, as I hoped it would, a year of healing and resolution.
Our small town has faced many big issues the last couple of years. As I reflect back on 2017, I am proud of our City staff and fellow council members for their dedication to resolving the issues created by those before them. Their tenacity has placed Beaumont in a position of growth and prosperity. Highlighted below are the major accomplishments from 2017:
- Fiscally responsible budget ADOPTED
- 5 year Capital Improvement Plan APPROVED
- General Fund Deficit ($11 Million) ELIMINATED
- WRCOG Judgement ($67 Million) SETTLED
- Pardee Claim ($23 Million) SETTLED
- BCVRPD Claim ($2.4 Million) SETTLED
- Community Facilities District Fund Reconciliation COMPLETED
- Refinance for CFD/Mello-Roos Property Taxes (Phase 1) COMPLETED
- RDA Reimbursement ($4 Million) DISMISSED
- SEC Investigation RESOLVED
- Fiscal Sustainability Study COMPLETED
I hope 2018 is a year of continued rebuilding, leading to years of growth and prosperity in all industries and across all sectors of our local economy. On behalf of the City of Beaumont, I extend my warmest regards and best wishes to everyone. May the spirit of this wonderful season be with you and your loved ones throughout the holidays and many blessings in the New Year.