I've received many responses on the patch and by email regarding my suggestion to take the economic development of our community into our own hands. Here's a list of the business that many of you want to come here to the Pass.
- Sporting Goods – (Dick’s, Big 5, Sports Chalet)
- Restaurants – (Yard House, Red Lobster, Buffalo Wild Wings, Golden Corral, Tommy’s, Pf Changs, BJ’s, Five Guys)
- Movie Theater – (Krikorian, Harkins)
- Trader Joe’s
- A Family Fun Center – Miniature Golf
Trader Joe's and Costco were clearly the most popular. Let's focus the next few weeks (at least) on Trader Joe's and Costco, then we'll pick another two targets, no pun intended, to contact. I will continue to collect wish lists (OurFocusOurKids@gmail.com).
What do we do next?
- We need to flood Trader Joe's and Costco with requests to move to the Pass. (See Contact Info below)
- We need to flood the City of Beaumont with requests to contact Trader Joe's and Costco and offer sweetheart deals to get them to move here. Kyle has offered to deputize you all as Economic Development Promoters, let's not disappoint him. (Send him an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We need to flood the Record Gazette with Letters to the editor and use the comments on the Press Enterprise blogs.
Most importantly, we need to get the word out to our neighbors.
- Post a link to this article on Facebook.
- Copy and paste this article in an email and send it to at least ten of your friends and ask them to forward it on to ten of their friends.
Finally, if you want to continue to be a part of this community effort promoting the City of Beaumont and the Pass Area to the businesses we want, send me your email address (OurFocusOurKids@gmail.com) so I can keep you in the loop. I promise not to share email addresses and all announcements will be done as a Blind Copy. This means your privacy will be protected and you won't receive any "reply to all" responses, filling up your inbox with unwanted comments.
This is your chance to speak out and make your demands. If you keep silent now, don't let me hear you complain about driving to Redlands or Moreno Valley.
Trader Joe's has a link for requesting a store in our community but I couldn't find a corporate address for sending letters. Here's the Location Request link:
Costco didn't have a store request link but there isn't any reason we can't use their Customer Service Escalation Request form. Can you think of a better way for Costco to provide customer service than to open a store in Beaumont? Here's the link:
https://ems02071lb.egain.net/system/web/custom/CostcoInitialPage.jsp - After clicking on this link you need to click on "Warehouse, Business Centers or Membership" then complete the form. Maybe Kyle can provide us a blurb about what Beaumont has to offer. I'll send him an email and ask. Stay tuned.
Costco's corporate mailing address is:
PO Box 34331
Seattle, WA 98124