Sacrifices made by parents, teachers, classified, and kids in Beaumont
Following is a quick list I made this morning. Please send me anything I’ve missed so I can add to the list and present it as a reminder to the board at the board meeting on Tuesday.
- Gate programs eliminated and funds earned by our kids from the state are rolled into the general fund.
- Busing for high school and middle school students eliminated.
- Kindergarten and third grade class sizes increased by %50.
- Classified Aide positions eliminated.
- Classified Aide hours cut to less than 4 hours a day to allow the district to eliminate responsibility to pay benefits.
- Dangerous school pick-up and drop-off areas remain so money from Measure Z can build a $20,000,000 stadium.
- Veteran teachers restricted from using proven teaching tools that aren't part of the “official curriculum”.
- Computer hardware for high school technology courses become obsolete so money from Measure Z can build a $20,000,000 stadium.
- Property tax responsibilities are double what voters were told to expect so money from Measure Z can build a $20,000,000 stadium.
- Librarian positions reduced.
- Play ground equipment deteriorate and are not replaced.
Sacrifices made by Dr. Kayrell
- One of two secretary positions eliminated.
- Monthly car allowance.
- Promises to accept furlough days after all other district employees agree to furlough days.